What's This Blog All About Then?

I'm on a mission to roadtest ways of overcoming negative body image. For years I have struggled with feeling I don't look 'good enough', I'm too fat or flabby. Even when I was a UK Size 8! During each of my two pregnancies I fell back in love with my body, marvelling at the amazing things it was doing and at my feminine voluptuousness.

Now that my most recent baby has been outside of my body for a while, the mum tum and stretchmarks are starting to bug me. I have decided enough is enough. I want to feel proud of my body like I did when I was pregnant. I don't want to wait until I'm a certain weight or dress size to feel good about the way I look. I want to love my body just the way it is right now. And I want to help other women to love their imperfectly perfect bodies too.

Join me on my quest for a better body image. During my journey to (I hope) total body confidence, I'll be posting useful resources, tips and research on body image and self acceptance. There will also be posts from other people shedding light on how to feel comfortable in the skin you're in - maybe you'd like to send me an article? Contact me at annacolette(at)gmail(dot)com with 'Body Image' in the title.

Saturday 15 January 2011

Your Authentic Self

I'm doing this visualisation, along with The Eyes of Love and What's Right With You every day this month to see how they improve my body image. They are all taken from Paul McKenna's 'Change Your Life in 7 Days' book (which comes with a mind-programming CD which I also listen to every night).

This is what I do:

Relax.

Imagine the most magnificent you. See how you stand, breathe, walk, speak to others. Watch how you handle problems and go for goals.

Now step into your authentic self. See through their eyes, hear through their ears, feel how good it is to be your authentic self.

Daydream how your life will be different as your authentic self. Imagine yourself in pasyt, present or future situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment